Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Many Names of God, Part II

 



God has many names that reflect the many facets of His character. Each name reveals a part of His holy nature and His love for His creation.  We can call out to God using His many names, and grow as we learn more about His character and that He really is everything we need.

Below are some names (facets of God's character) that He has shown me and been to me in my personal walk.

Healer-  God knows our infirmities. Physical, spiritual, emotional, mental and financial. He sees our suffering and He cares. He is our "great physician." Never stop praying for God's healing over your life and the lives of others. It may not come exactly as we think it should, but God hears our prayers. Even in the midst of our deepest sorrow He is there.  His great healing already came for mankind, to heal us of our sin. Jesus died on the cross so that we no longer have to bear the full weight of the "sickness" of our sin.  We are already healed and whole in Jesus.  

 "Who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases" Psalm 103:3

"And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick." Matthew 14:14

 "Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live to righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed." 1 Peter 2:24


Comforter-  God comforts those who mourn and are suffering. He sees each tear we cry and He has compassion on us. As a loving Father, He doesn't like to see His children suffer. He doesn't promise us a life without suffering, His own son suffered and died for us. He does promise that He will be there for us always.

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us." 2 Corinthians 1:3-7


"You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again." Psalm 71:21


"Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them." Psalm 10:17


Restorer-  Whatever I have lost in my life at times, I have seen God restore and in even more abundance than before. He has restored everything I lost and made those things better than what I could have planned myself. When we follow and listen to God's word His plan for us is to restore us and make us whole in Him. Our old broken pieces are put back together again.

"The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: “I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts."  Isaiah 57:15

"Restore us, O Lord, and bring us back to you again! Give us back the joys we once had!" Lamentations 5:21


“When my sanity returned to me, so did my honor and glory and kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored as head of my kingdom, with even greater honor than before.
Daniel 4:36



  Our God is our Healer, Comforter and Restorer. Sometimes those things are hard to grasp in our lives, but God is all these things to us.  We can always hope in the Lord and trust that He sees our suffering. He wants to put us back together again. He has promised us His eternal life. In heaven we will be healed, comforted and restored eternally.

"Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.” Titus 3:7

"And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."
1 John 5:11


Prayer: "God, help me to see all the things you have been to me throughout my life. How you have walked beside me and been my sustenance. Show me more of your character as I grow in you and help me to never forget you in every area of my life. Amen."

What are some names (facets of God's character) that He has been to you in your life?




May God's peace and wisdom be with you as you build your own wall of God's truth.


For "The Many Names of God, Part 1" click here: http://thewallofgodstruth.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-many-names-of-god-part-i.html.





No comments:

Post a Comment