Thursday, August 22, 2013

Resting in God's Victory

 


"For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory." Psalm 32:7

 

   

God is a victorious God. He has never been defeated. 

 God's victory should be carried in our hearts and minds every day. Sometimes we walk around with a defeatist attitude. That is not of God! He has conquered sin and death. There is no more death! As Christian's we are to live in this knowledge victoriously every day.

No matter what trials we are facing, God has already conquered them! God goes before us and guides us. God wants us to rest in the shelter of His victory and let that wash over our hearts.

Too often we end up in our self made sink hole of anxiety and defeat. Why would our God who has conquered so much for us want us to live anxiously?

Sometimes in our minds we've already taken the victory away from God. "This wall that stands in front of me can't be broken through. It's no use, this is just how it is." God can show us how to break through our walls and have victory. He already sees beyond the wall of our problems to the other side. So many people stay behind their walls of blindness their whole entire lives! They are unwilling to seek out how to overcome them or see the light of God's truth on the other side of the wall.

He wants us to be victorious with His help. He wants us to know we will be victorious and He wants us to actively seek victory over our challenges.

 We are to partner with God to be victorious. God will provide the ideas, insights, wisdom and knowledge to help us overcome. We have to believe the battle has already been won, not lost.

What did David do when facing Goliath? He didn't hang his head in defeat and say "there is no possible way I can defeat this powerful giant. Woe to me, this giant will defeat me. I've already lost the battle. Why even try?"

Instead he said “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.” 1 Samuel 17:45-47

To David the battle was already won by the power of His victorious God. There was no thought in His mind that it would be lost. The battle was God's and He trusted God. He was victorious!

Sometimes we fight as if the battle is ours alone, and we quickly become weak. Our shoulders are hunched and our hearts are weary. We can't fight the battles with our frail human strength. We need God's victory to go before us!

 We are to already have God's shield of victory over our hearts and minds each day.

"You have given me your shield of victory. Your right hand supports me; your help has made me great." Psalm 18:35

Our victory banner should already be flying high every day.

"May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the Lord answer all your prayers." Psalm 20:5

Nothing that is man made can provide us an absolute guarantee of victory. Only God will always have victory.

"Don’t count on your warhorse to give you victory— for all its strength, it cannot save you." Psalm 33:17

God IS victory. Take heart, He is already victorious. Our battles are being fought for us and they are already won.

"As your name deserves, O God, you will be praised to the ends of the earth. Your strong right hand is filled with victory." Psalm 48:10

Our wall of defeat needs to be broken down and built up by God into wall of victory.


What battles are you trying to fight alone in your life that God can fight for you? What is holding back your belief in God's victory?


"The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him— my father’s God, and I will exalt him!" Exodus 15:2

Prayer: "Lord, break the chains of doubt and defeat off of me. Show me your victory and break through my mindset to give me a victorious attitude no matter what I may face. You know the small things in my life and the big things Lord. You are not a God that will lead me to defeat. You are my God who will lead me to victory. Amen."



 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment