Sunday, November 24, 2013

New Mercies

 





"You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you." Psalm 86:5

 

 

God abounds in his love for us. His love has no end. It is His very character and His character does not change. He never tires of loving us, pouring out His mercy on us, and caring for us. He knows the depths of our hearts, the hairs on our head are numbered to Him. Every beat of our heart and every breath is known. This is an amazing, unfathomable love.

His mercies are new every day, the sun rises and His mercies begin again. He pours them out on us and He never tires. So often we think that God will not pour out any more mercy and that the well is empty. God's well of mercies will never be dry. He cannot tire or giving mercy, He IS mercy.


"The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made." Psalm 145:9

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy..." Ephesians 2:4

“The Lord's mercy often rides to the door of our heart upon the black horse of affliction.” -Charles Spurgeon

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."  Hebrews 4:16

"For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment." James 2:13

“Whether our days trip along like the angels mounting on Jacob's ladder to heaven or grind along like the wagons that Joseph sent for Jacob, they are in each case ordered by God's mercy.”-Charles Spurgeon

"But this King, filled with goodness and mercy, far from chastising me, lovingly embraces me, makes me eat at His table, serves me with His own hands, gives me the keys of His treasures and treats me as His favorite. He talks with me and is delighted with me in a thousand and one ways; He forgives me and relieves me of my principle bad habits without talking about them; I beg Him to make me according to His heart and always the more weak and despicable I see myself to be, the more beloved I am of God.”
― Brother Lawrence, The Practice of the Presence of God

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9 

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment